2.16.2015

Keeping it simple


LA morning snack:  a rice cake with almond butter topped with raisins and about 1/2 a mango.  

I saved some mango to give to LA (10 months), as he was napping during snack time.  But LQ said,  "Mommy I hope LA doesn't like mango so I can eat his for lunch". Tough break kiddo, LA loved it! 

LQ lunch:  turkey,  peaches,  sharp cheddar cheese, steamed peas and multicolor goldfish
LA lunch: turkey,  peas and mango. 

Can I just say that I love the simplicity of feeding children (or should I say my children).  Their taste buds haven't been overwhelmed or recalibrated by over processed foods filled with sugar, salt, additives and preservatives so they're happy to eat very basic foods.  Just as we as adults are accustomed to eating foods loaded with fats, sugar and salt we can adjust in the other direction and not include these items.  Well children, if you start them out with basic food can continue eating this way.  Which is great!  You hear people talking about "clean eating" all the time.  Well here it is!  Everything that is on LQ's plate is clean food.  

No comments:

Post a Comment