2.05.2015

Peanut Butter Banana Raisin Oatmeal Cookies and White Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars



I occasionally make different kinds of healthy, no or minimal sugar added bars, cookies or cupcakes for LQ.  (Previous recipes here, here, here, and here.)  Every time I send something to school she'll ask me to pack extra so that she can share with her friends (aka everyone in her class).  From the very little that she shares I've gathered that she shares her special treats with her best friends but now more and more of her classmates are asking that she share.  So for the last few weeks she has asked me to make these special treats for everyone in her class.  Being the fantabulous mommy that I am, I'm happy to do so!

So last week I made white chocolate and cranberry granola bars (which I forgot to take a picture of).  The granola bars were a BIG hit at preschool last week so I thought I'd share the recipe.  This week I made peanut butter banana raisin oatmeal cookies.  These are great because they have no sugar, include protein, a good source of fat, 2 sources of fruit and can totally be eaten for breakfast!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Granola Bars
Makes 20 small bars
Semi-adapted from My Kitchen Escapades.

Ingredients

2 cups rolled oats
1 cup puffed brown rice cereal
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/8 cup agave
1/8 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup cranberries

Method

In a large mixing bowl combine oats, cereal and coconut and set aside.  In a small saucepan over medium-high heat melt the butter.  Add the honey, agave, brown sugar and salt.  Stir until combined then let boil.  Once boiling commences allow it to boil for 2 1/2 minutes.  Add vanilla.  Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients.  Add the white chocolate chips and cranberries.  Place parchment paper in an 8x8 pan and pour in mixture.  Press down firmly to form a bar.  Place in refrigerator and allow to cool overnight or for at least an hour.  Cut and enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peanut Butter Banana Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 24 mini cookies

Ingredients

2 mashed ripe bananas
2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup raisins

Method

Set oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the wet ingredients and mix well.  Add the dry ingredients and combine well.  Spoon cookies onto preg-reased mini muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment