12.04.2014

Pumpkin Almond Butter Oat Bars



Morning snack: Pumpkin almond butter oat bars with raisins and red d'anjou pear
Lunch: baked chicken, brown rice, roasted Brussel sprouts and blueberries
Afternoon snack: cashews and red d'anjou pear

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found a can of pumpkin that didn't quite make it into my pumpkin pie fudge last week for Thanksgiving. So, since I promised I'd take a healthy snack to LQ's school tomorrow I looked through the internet and finally found something that looks delicious (and nutritious, of course)...pumpkin almond butter oat bars!  I made a modification, no chocolate in mine.  Instead I used raisins....yeah, that's all I changed.

Adapted (with slight modification) from The Blonde Vegan.

Ingredients
2 cups oats
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup agave
1 TBS vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup raisins

Method
Dump everything in a bowl, mix it all up.  Pour everything into an 8 x 8 greased pan (I used parchment paper instead).  Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment