3.12.2015

A New Strategy for Picky Eaters



Morning snack: Whole wheat English muffin topped with cream cheese and raisins and honeydew melon
Lunch: grilled chicken, brown rice, shredded cheddar cheese, whole wheat English muffin topped with avocado
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night LQ helped me make dinner. I like including her not just because she's learning about measurements and what goes into every meal but also because she (and likely most children) is more inclined to eat and enjoy food that she has helped prepare or has grown.  This even applies when the meal includes things that, according to her, she doesn't like.  I've mentioned before that she's been reluctant lately to eat chicken, so we'll see how this strategy works.

When she helps me in the kitchen I'll create extra tasks for her by measuring out things that I don't normally measure, like rice.  She also helped season the chicken prepared for her and her brother with garlic and onion powder.  Then she got to sprinkle Mommy's special spicy seasoning on Daddy's chicken.  There's something about preparing Daddy's food that makes her feel especially proud.  It's very cute how she announces, "I made that for you Daddy".

 LA on the other hand devoured almost half a chick breast last night, so I'm sure he won't have any issues eating his chicken.




LA's meal: grilled chicken, honeydew melon and Triscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment