3.20.2015

Baby Smoothies and Delicious Homemade Granola Bars


As I've said before, I like to send healthy snacks to LQs school about once a week.  I've been slacking lately because my school work is killing me, but my little LQ asked me to send something this week.  How can I say no to her sweet little face?  So I let her teachers know that I would be sending a snack tomorrow and asked if they had any special requests.  They did!  I've made these before, but I've included the recipe here again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

White chocolate cranberry granola bar

Makes about 20 small bars
Semi-adapted from My Kitchen Escapades

Ingredients

2 cups rolled oats
1 cup puffed wheat cereal
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/8 cup agave
1/8 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup cranberries

Method

In a large mixed bowl combine oats, cereal and coconut and set aside.  In a small saucepan over medium-high beat melt the butter.  Add the honey, agave, brown sugar and salt.  Stir until combined then let boil for 2 and 1/2 minutes.  Turn off heat and stir in vanilla.  Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients.  Add the white chocolate chips and cranberries.  Place parchment paper in a pan and pour mixture.  Press down firmly to form bars.  Place in refrigerator and allow the mixture to cool for at least an hour.  Cut and enjoy!!



LA's morning snack: plum, apple and whole grain rice cereal smoothie
Lunch: turkey, peas, blueberries and strawberries

Smoothie

Ingredients
Peeled and steamed apples and plums
Whole grain rice cereal

Method
Peel and steam apples and plums.  Place the fruit and whole grain rice cereal in a food processor or blender and liquify.  

LA loves, loves, loves smoothies.  So I was thrilled to find these cool little Squeezer containers at Target.  I use them all the time for LA.  He doesn't need help having his smoothie when we use this container.

No comments:

Post a Comment