3.16.2015

Breakfast cookies



Morning snack:  Blueberries and breakfast cookies (yes, I said cookies!)
Lunch:  Turkey and white cheddar grilled cheese on wheat, apple slices and steamed broccoli

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This weekend we were invited to have dinner at a friend's house.  Of course, in usual form, I asked what we could bring.  Knowing my love for low sugar treats she suggested that I bring dessert.  I had full intentions of making a different dessert but Lauren wanted to make cookies, so we did.  Only after everything was said and done, they weren't quite sweet enough for others to like.  Ultimately I ended up making another batch.  But I saved this batch because LQ liked them.  She and I tried them today and they are better the next day, somehow sweeter.  Anywho, they are made with oatmeal so why not have them for breakfast!

Oatmeal breakfast cookies

Ingredients
3/4 cup raw oatmeal
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup pecans
1 TBS honey (add more if you want them sweeter, I think 3 TBS would be great)

Methods

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Dump everything in a bowl and mix well.  Put down parchment paper and put down little cookie patties.  Bake for 8 minutes then enjoy!  And remember, they taste better the next day!


LA's meal: Turkey, steamed broccoli and blueberries

No comments:

Post a Comment