3.09.2015

Open-faced cracker sandwich


Morning snack: Whole wheat rice cake with peanut butter and raisins and clementines
Lunch: cottage cheese, wheat pretzels and open-faced cracker sandwiches (cream cheese, turkey and avocado)

One of our new favorite shows is Stella and Sam.  It's the cutest show about a girl and her little brother.  They go on all kinds of adventures.  It's a sweet reminder of the imagination of children.  I can only hope that my children will get along as they get along on the show.  I know it's fictitious, but a mommy can dream!  Anyway, on one of their adventures they had cracker sandwiches.  So of course, LQ asked me to make some for lunch.  I found cracker sandwiches to be too thick for LQ's mouth, so I chose to make them open-faced instead.  We'll see how it goes!


                           

LA's meal: Turkey, peeled clementines and wheat pretzels

Turkey and chicken make very frequent appearances in LA's meals.  Protein is essential to everyone, but is most needed by little growing bodies.  Turkey and chicken are an easy way for him to get it especially since he refuses to let me feed him so some other protein sources are out of the question.  I can only imagine the HUGE mess he'd make if I gave him quinoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment