12.09.2014

Butternut squash chickpea patties


This one is for you parents, I hope you enjoy.  I will likely use them in a salad or wrap of some sort, likely with hummus.  I know that seems a bit redundant but 1) I love hummus and 2) the texture kind of requires some kind of sauce.  I can imagine either a sweet sauce or sour sauce working well.  

Ingredients:
2 cups butternut squash puree
2 cups chickpeas
2 slices of wheat bread (more if you think the mixture may be a bit watery, mine was)
1 egg
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground fennel
salt and pepper to taste

Method:
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Food process wheat bread and set aside.  Combine all the other ingredients in the food processor until mixed well.  Make sure you add salt and pepper before you add the raw egg so that you can taste the mixture.  Form patties and coat in bread crumbs.  Place them on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.  Bake for 25-30 minutes.  (I flipped them about half way through to get a good color on each side.)  


No comments:

Post a Comment