12.15.2014

Datelets


Morning snack:  Wasa whole grain crispbread with almond butter, drizzle of wildflower honey and cinnamon and clementine
Lunch:  Baked breaded"chicken", brown rice, steamed broccoli and datelets
Afternoon snack:  Red pear and pink Goldfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My elementary school cafeteria would serve these tiny pieces of delicious sweetness when I was a kid.  I was always so happy to see that little plastic bag on my lunch try.  But I never knew what they were.  Then one day, 25 years later, I was at the Dutch market and there they were!  Yes!  What were they, you ask.  They're actually dates chopped up into little pieces and then covered in some kind of flour to avoid the pieces from getting stuck together.  If you've never had them as a treat, give them a try.  They are definitely LQ approved!

The Dutch market is a great place to get all kinds of other delicious items.  I get all kinds of things like, datelets, mushroom popcorn kernels, cheese, meats, produce and different kinds of seasonings.  The only downside, and the reason why I hardly ever shop there, is that they have limited hours.  The one I go to is only open Thursday - Saturday.  But because it's an awesome market it's generally jam packed!  Not to mention it's pretty far.  So to be honest, I only go there when I need to stock up on datelets....yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment