12.01.2014

Why I'm writing

I wish I had some prolific explanation for why I am writing this blog.  Maybe my passion for healthy foods and intense disdain for processed foods, sugar and limited kid's menus are enough?  In the end I'm just a mommy who loves to feed her kiddos healthy meals.

I get asked often about the foods that I feed my children.  Specifically, I'm asked about what I send to school with my preschooler.  Up until now I've chronicled everything on Facebook, but really, that's not practical.  When people ask me for this information I need to add them as a friend so they can have access to my page, you know the drill.  What, am I going to friend a million people (wishful thinking...hehe)?

So, a few things about me...

I've been "preaching" healthy eating for about 15 years and though I don't claim to know everything about food maybe this will convince you...
  1. I've somehow convinced my 3 year old that healthy food is delicious
  2. I like to keep foods simple (my kids tend to like it best that way)
  3. When I get my yearly physical, my numbers come back great
  4. We go years without getting sick (even my 3 year old went two years without so much as a sniffle) and even when we get sick we recover quickly
Here are my don'ts and won'ts: I don't make everything from scratch. I don't buy only organic, but I do have my own rules about what must be organic.  I won't guilt people into feeding their kiddos the way I feed mine. 

My hopes for this blog are that it inspires you to feed your kids (and yourself) healthier meals and maybe that it gives you some ideas about what to feed them.

I hope you enjoy!

Update:  I've recently enrolled into a nutrition master's program!  So I may start including tidbits about nutrition to help us all get a little healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment