12.08.2014

Cheese and avocado turkey roll ups


Morning snack: Cortland apple and Stonefield yogurt
Lunch: Cheese and avocado turkey roll ups, cucumbers, pretzels and 2 pancake cupcakes (not pictures)
Afternoon snack: Cottage cheese and baby carrot sticks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LQ loves her roll ups!  For a while I tried rolling turkey, cheese and avocado in a wrap but she'd leave the majority of the wrap in her contain.  So I thought, what the hay I'll live on the edge and leave out the wrap.  I totally live a dangerous life...lol.  

So people always ask me whether I buy only organic. For the record, I don't.  But I do have a list of must be organic foods that I live by.  I know buying organic can be expensive but I believe that it is important, especially if you have children.  

On my must be organic list are all animal derived foods.  So, all diary, poultry and meats.  I firmly believe that that hormones that are being used to fatten up cows and grow super chickens and turkeys are to blame for the obesity epidemic, extra tall children, and early puberty, especially in girls.  I could put up some research on this, but I really don't want to get super technical about this.  But think about it, how can those hormones produce bigger animals and not have the same affect on the person who eats them?  So anyway, in this meal the cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt and turkey are all organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment