12.12.2014

Pumpkin pancakes


Morning snack: pumpkin pancakes, blueberries and a bit of syrup
Lunch: Cheese pizza (to be provided by the school) and broccoli
Afternoon snack: Apples and peanut butter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night when I asked LQ what she wanted for dinner she definitively said pumpkin pancakes.  Then she mentioned that she wanted to help.  So she did all the mixing and I did the cooking.  It's exciting to think of the things she and I will create as she gets older.  Right now she's only 3 and it's messy but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Plus she made some delicious pancakes!

We cheated a bit on the mix by using Hungry Jack fluffy and light.  I keep a box of it in the pantry for times she wants to make pancakes.  I tried making my version of pancakes with her one time and it was kind of DISASTROUS.

I didn't measure the ingredients but it was super easy to make.  Using HJ you just add water, easy enough right? So all I did was put pumpkin puree in a bowl and added pancake mix.  Then I added cinnamon and water until the mixture easily poured off of my whisk, then I added raisins.  The consistency won't be the same as that of regular pancake mix, it will be thicker.  I then cooked them on a griddle over mid-high heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment