12.09.2014

Mini turkey and cheese tacos


Morning snack: Pumpkin almond butter oat bar and pears
Lunch: Turkey and cheese miniature tacos and heart shaped red bell peppers
Afternoon snack: pears and almonds
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, so I have a slight confession.  I made butternut squash and chickpea patties to send to school with LQ but I accidentally made them a little too spicy so I had to rethink today's meal.  Oops.  On the upside, you parents get a bonus recipe for yourselves!

Anyway, getting back to LQ.  Aside from ballet and playing with Daddy, LQ's favorite thing is play dough.  She has a million and one gadgets, she can spend hours playing with it and we have to make a fresh batch of play dough every few weeks.  Any who, as part of all her little gadgets she has a heart cookie cutter.  We sometimes use it to cut out heart sandwiches, cookies, etc. so she asked me to use it for her food for today.  So I did.  BUT...I definitely don't recommend making heart shaped bell peppers.  My hand will hurt for ages.  But on the bright side, LQ loves them!  So, totally worth it.  

To go along with her heart shaped bell peppers I made miniature turkey tacos.  It's the first time I make them so we'll have to wait to hear from LQ on whether she likes them.  I used won-ton wrappers and I put them in the oven to melt the cheese.  I use won-ton wrappers often and try to keep some in the fridge for quick meals.  LQ often asks for tiny pizza pockets, her words, not mine.  They're super easy to use and they keep in the fridge for a while.  If you're interested I can post a recipe for won-ton wrappers, but I generally just buy them.  

1 comment:

  1. She loved them! She asked if I can send them again sometime.

    ReplyDelete